During the 1920s, the cienmatographer Claude Friese-Greene travelled across the UK with his new colour film camera.
His trip ended in London, with some of his most stunning images, and these were recently revived and restored by the BFI, and shared across social media and video websites.
Since February I have attempted to capture every one of his shots, standing in his footsteps, and using modern equivalents of his camera and lenses. This has been a personal study, that has revealed how little London has changed.
London in 1927 & 2013 from Simon Smith on Vimeo.
- How has London changed from 1927 to the present day?
- How has your home twon changed?
- What has changed for the better?
- What has changed for the worse?
- What would you change about your home twn to make it a better place to live in ?